The AP reported:
Five men described by the government as self-proclaimed anarchists entered not guilty pleas Monday to charges that accuse them of plotting to bomb a highway bridge near Cleveland.
The five will remain in jail until their next hearing, a federal magistrate said. A detention hearing scheduled for Monday was postponed.
The men were arrested last week when they allegedly tried to detonate what turned out to be a dud bomb provided by an FBI undercover informant.
The five had been associated with Occupy Cleveland, but organizers of the movement have tried to distance the group from the men. They say the five didn’t represent it or its non-violent philosophy.
Rusty of The Mental Recession noticed that the AP is still bound and determined to provide cover for the Occupods:
Notice the inclusion of claims made by Occupy Cleveland that the group has nothing to do with the bombing suspects?
Now here’s a report from ABC-5 in Cleveland that throws water on the ‘we don’t want anything to do with them’ defense:
Dozens of members of Occupy Cleveland showed up at a Cleveland courthouse to support the five people charged in connection with an alleged plot to blow up a northeast Ohio bridge.
The five suspects — 21-year-old Connor Stevens, 24-year-old Joshua Stafford (aka “Skully”), 26-year-old Douglas Wright (aka “Cyco), 20-year-old Brandon Baxter (aka “Skabby”) and 37-year-old Anthony Hayne (aka “Tony” & “Billy”) – pleaded not guilty during their arraignment Monday morning.
The suspects had the charges — conspiracy and attempted use of explosive material to damage physical property affecting interstate commerce — read to them in open court.
In all, about 50 members of the Occupy Cleveland group went into courthouse. After the arrests were made, Occupy Cleveland said the five suspects were associated with the group, but they were “in no way representing or acting on behalf of Occupy Cleveland.”